Tuesday 9 August 2016

WOYWW- Piano card and Venice!

Welcome everyone to this week's offering for WOYWW hosted by the lovely Julia at the Stamping Ground.
Two cards to share with you that I made for colleagues at work. The first was for our music teacher…. what better than a piano card!



I was so pleased with the way this turned out.(Complete with a little music book!)  Perfect for someone who plays the piano superbly, loves bling and she'll be the first to admit. a total musical DIVA!

The second was a birthday card, using my favourite Tim Holtz stamps again shown on the left and 2 smaller cards for friends who were leaving work at the end of term. 


We have just returned from a lovely 2 week holiday taking in 5 countries, Greece, Slovenia, Montenegro, Italy and Croatia, thanks to the Thomson Dream cruise ship. I have severe memory overload at the moment as we visited so many beautiful and amazing places. My favourite memory has to be sailing down the Grand Canal at sunrise into Venice, passing St Mark's Square and the Bridge of Sighs. It was so beautiful and different from anywhere I had ever been before that I admit I had a lump in my throat. I never thought that little 'ol me would ever be able to visit such places. I took over 400 photos over the 2 weeks but will just share a couple of Venice with you this week so you needn't panic and run off screaming!



St Mark's Bell tower and the Bridge of Sighs just down to the right on the water front.


A Gondolier and a typical street in Venice!


Rialto Bridge.

Well, I'll share some more holiday pics next week if that's ok. I doubt I'll have any crafting to share as I have my parents staying and my dear Dad is celebrating his 90th birthday this Friday. I have an afternoon tea party to prepare….. 

Have a happy week

Lynda B X






14 comments:

  1. That music card is quite brilliant and perfect for a musical diva!! Lol. How lovely to see you looking so well and happy on your hols, what an amazing time you've had :-)
    Have a lovely time with your dad, give him a hug from me - I miss mine.
    Hugs, LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how WONDERFUL to have travelled to so many gorgeous places!!That music card is very clever. I saw a piano with knitted keys etc for a yarn arty exhibition recently. Cats LOVE the heat don't they? Our cat gets so close to the heater, we have to watch her carefully or her fur can singe!! Silly puss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting me already. I really love your cards....so clever. Your cruise sounds wonderful and your photos are stunning.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #12

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the piano card. Very clever. Sounds like a wonderful holiday with so many happy memories to file away. That roller brush is a godsend for getting ll the fiddly bits out of the die. I wonder how I managed without it! Thanks for stopping by.

    Fiona #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda, lovely cards, very clever Piano one. Love the holiday pics, it sounds as though that was a wonderful cruise. Glad you enjoyed it. Weather seemed fantastic too.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Lynda. Beautiful cards - and lovely memories of your holiday. What a fantastic trip that sounds. No problem with gazing at these amazing places I am never likely to visit...
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #23

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the cards and Venice looks like a fantastic place to visit! I usually take hundreds of photos too, but only process and keep a few dozen good ones. Sorting through my photos after a holiday, reliving the memories is my favourite things to do! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #24

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are lovely. But that music card is just amazing!! Gorgeous photos! Blessings for a great WOYWW and terrific week! LisaDV #28

    ReplyDelete
  9. both gorgeous cards, in very different ways I love the piano one, but the flowers always grab me! Gorgeous photos too, would love to visit Venice. Hope you'll share some more.... Helen #1 (thanks for visiting)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab cards! Great trip photos. Great to see what you've been up to..apologies for the late arrival. Elaine no. 40

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know what went wrong this morning but my comment didn't publish. Hopefully now it will.
    Love the cards, especially the piano card, unique springs to mind - I am sure the recipient loved it.
    I love Venice, sounds as if you had a great time sailing around.
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me - Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards and great photos. Have a great week! Dorlene #48

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated WOYWW. I love love love your cards. You put so much of your energy into each one. I want that TH stamp now! Your cruise sounds fabulous. I have always wanted to go on one, but hubby hates the thought. Ali x #34

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic cards like the piano very orginal happy late WOYWW hugs Nikki 2

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!